Q: I’ve recently come across a great deal on this bedroom set (headboard, nightstands, dresser), for a whopping $100. I’m a college student, so this is great – I’m always low on cash. I’ve been in desperate need of a new dresser, and I don’t have nightstands or a headboard currently.
Prefabricated brick panels create decorative cladding that complements the existing 1970s buildings surrounding this new facility for the Danish Meat Research Institute designed by C.F. Møller for a campus near Copenhagen (+ slideshow). (more…)
Q: With both mid century modern and copper so prominent in current homeware trends, I was beside myself with happiness to pick up this standing lamp base for £18 in a charity shop on my road. I’m impressed with its condition, however the copper accents admittedly do need a clean!
Aim Architecture has designed a lobby featuring a light tunnel that runs through the space and a white “gallery” style shopping centre for a retail and office complex in Shanghai (+ slideshow). (more…)
• $5.32 to $5.92 for set of four forks, spoons, or knives
• World Market
Found by Faith over at The Kitchn, these are affordable showstoppers in a category that can easily set you back hundreds of dollars!
Porto studio ODDA has renovated two 19th-century buildings in the city to create apartments that contain monolithic freestanding units housing the kitchens, beds, bathrooms and other furniture (+ slideshow). (more…)
Which room is coloring your world? Room for Color entries are pouring in and all those room owners want to be one of your favorites so they can move on to the finals. Remember, you can “favorite” as many rooms as you like during this round, so dive right in and find all the ones you like!
- International: Siti’s “Neutral Mix and Match” Room
- Warm: Elaine’s “Tropical Glam” Room
- Cool: Nicole’s “Blue Brooklyn” Room
- International: Mireille’s “Sunny Wake Up Call” Room
- Cool: Lindsay’s “Peacock Blue” Room
- International: Jo’s “Doily Delight” Room
- Cool: Deborah & Michael’s “Grown Up Fairy Tale” Room
- International: Asta’s “Trust Your Gut” Room
- Mississauga Canada
- Inspiration for my palette:
- Black is a good neutral background color if you have otherwise mismatched room.